How to partecipate:
- Choose the period indicated in the section “next departures”;
- Complete and send the forms within the timetable indicated on the site in the section “next departures”;
- Participate in the information sessions (section “next departures”-subsection “meetings and presentation to the courses”).
- For information write to email@example.com, tel. +3902.54122917.
COSTS CHARGEABLE TO THE PARTECIPANT
- Round trip airfare;
- €35 per night for room and board;
- €300 for the application which includes: preparation and orientation meetings, local transports to and from the airport, local assistance, group guide, Foundation T-Shirt, administrative costs. This cost is not refundable.
- Mandatory travel insurance (medical and repatriation, who already has insurance sends a copy to the Foundation);
- Personal costs;
- Extra excursions;
- Passports costs and visa (if needed).
FUNDRAISING FOR N.P.H. KIDS
The Foundation doesn’t profit from the campuses but only covers living costs. We want to raise responsibility among the participants through the possibility of becoming ambassadors and supporters of our children through fundraising activities which will help sustain the ongoing project. During the training meeting held at the Foundation such projects will be explained and the volunteers will be given the necessary tools and information. This way, the participants become NPH volunteers even before departure.
The countries in which N.P.H. works don’t require mandatory vaccination but the Foundation suggests, in any case, to consult a doctor or ASL (Local Public Health Department) to confirm and to decide which non-mandatory vaccinations and prophylaxis to take.
We suggest to be covered with: anti-tetanus and hepatitis A and B.
For the Haiti experience we suggest the anti-malaria, not malarone but chloroquine, you can buy it in any pharmacy following the pharmacist or doctor indication.
The Yellow Fever is mandatory only if the camp volunteers going to Honduras and Nicaragua went within 6 months (shown on your passport) in countries subject to Yellow Fever (Africa, Argentine, Bolivia, Columbia, Ecuador, Guyana, French Guyana, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela).
IMPORTANT: in Nicaragua and Honduras there is no risk of Yellow Fever but this is the procedure in order to avoid that tourists bring the virus to the country.
The Foundation ensures inside the N.P.H. Homes the same safety that it guarantees to the kids living in the House.
The occasional external visits are always guided, but it is good to know that in the countries where we work the conditions of stability and safety are different compared to the one in our country (for updated information see the Ministry of the Foreign Affairs site), so it is important to follow the Foundation rules and to always respect the guide’s directions.
Haiti: The safety situation is precarious and unpredictable; there is a high number of violent crimes. The political and social questions can become violent demonstrations at any time. (Fonte Farnesina)
During the campus it is totally forbidden to get out the House without a guide. It is strongly discouraged (and in Haiti is forbidden) to take out and show wallets and other items of values (including smartphones) in the streets during excursions.
THE FOUNDATION ISSUES A PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATE TO WHO IS INTERESTED OR NEEDS IT FOR SCHOOL CREDIT.